January 19, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays


Should Be Reading

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  1. Grab your current read
  2. Open to a random page
  3. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  5. Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teaser:


The Ticking Is the Bomb by Nick Flynn

"If Plato had seen me standing outside my burning house in my ghoulish pajamas that summer night, hypnotized by shadows, what would he have said? What would he have written if he had seen me transfixed by the Three Stooges, pummeling each other day after day?"

~ p. 65, The Ticking Is the Bomb by Nick Flynn

3 comments:

Susan said...

Ah, the Stooges :) I've never heard of this book before... Is it something you're reading for the library, or something you've just picked up by Providence?

Dorothy Borders said...

That's a very teasing...um...teaser! Makes one want to read more.

Sarah said...

Nick Flynn, who also wrote Another Bullshit Night in Suck City, will be visiting the library on April 21st, but I wanted to read it anyway. :-)